[C320-list] It's a dinghy, a fiendish dinghy

Pat Tyler ptyler4 at sc.rr.com
Wed Apr 19 08:22:48 PDT 2006

I installed Ocean Marine Davits on the Jannie T.  Fairly easy install taking
about four to five hours.  The center bar can easily be removed and either
davit arm used for lifting, like taking the motor off the dingy.  Mine are
connect to the stern rail and I used the stern rail braces which not only
give you extra strength but also a nice grab place when my wife gets out of
the dingy.  Got 6 to 1 lines for the motor side and 4 to 1 for the bow.
With dingy and motor on the davits got caught off shore in 40+ knots with no
problem.  I use cargo straps for extra strength keeping the dingy tight when
off shore.  I could take some pic if you like.  Mike at Ocean Marine is a
great guy to work with.
Pat
Jannie T