[C320-list] Starting Battery

jonvez at comcast.net jonvez at comcast.net
Wed Apr 26 09:16:40 PDT 2006

Quentin,
The factory installation will allow any of the 3 positions to start your engine. Is it possible that the voltmeter itself is miswired and therefore giving you a false voltage reading? Can you turn your cabin lights on without them dimming using just the one battery?
Before chasing down the wiring, I would suggest verifying the battery has anything left at the battery using a multimeter. Probably a good idea to see how the previous owner wired his boat as well, but this really does sound like a dead battery....

Good luck....

Regards,

Jon Vez

From: "Quentin Murphy" <qmurphy at sympatico.ca>