[C320-list] battery charger

Jeffrey Hare catalina at thehares.com
Tue Aug 1 05:48:28 PDT 2006

Hi,

   The shore power charger is wired directly to each battery, so the battery
switch has no effect on shore power charging.

I suspect that your shore power charger has died or is in the last throws.

BTW, if the battery voltage is significantly low enough, the shore power
charger won't attempt to charge it.  A shorted cell will usually trigger
this condition.

I lost a battery with a shorted cell my first season.

See this flowchart on the C320 site for diagnosing your charger.  (do you
have a "Charles" charger or a "ProMariner"?)

http://www.catalina320.com/gallery/album18/ChargerTS

-JeffH