[C320-list] raising a bosun's chair

Koen Bennebroek vergaar2004-catalina at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 21 12:17:09 PDT 2006

I finally got a bulb for our deck light half-way up the mast. Now I just need to get it in. WM had a pocket bosun's chair on sale, so I ordered it. Now the question becomes, how to get it up there? We have a spinaker halyard that we can backup with the main halyard for safety (or vice-versa). Can we use the anchor windlass for this? Or are there other preferred methods, like routing it over the 2 jib winches? Is using 2 halyards enough safety or are there other safety precautions to think of?

Any advice is highly appreciated!

Thanks, Koen
(BigCat, #224, 1995)