[C320-list] Should I buy a C320?

SYC sail at sweetwater-charters.net
Tue Dec 12 11:53:04 PST 2006

Brian-
That would be an awesome trip! I am located in West Michigan (about 1/2 way
up the lower peninsula) and we have taken Persistence up to the North
Channel and back before. The previous owners (who were retired, and had a
lot of extra time) sailed into Lake Huron quite often. It would be great to
say that you hit 4 of the 5 Great Lakes! If you had the time, it certainly
is do-able. Another nice thing is that there are so many marinas along the
Great Lakes - you can easily break your trip up into different legs. I like
the idea of buying a boat that has always been in fresh water, especially if
you are going to keep it that way.

Just a question: how far a car drive is it to Lake Ontario? Would you
consider keeping the boat at a marina there? That way you wouldn't have to
pay any land transport fees.

Joan
C320 #90 Persistence