[C320-list] FW: Cutlass bearing

Rod Boer rod.boer1 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 25 11:28:36 PST 2006

Hi Karl,

I have approximately 500 hrs on my cutlass bearing.  The reason that I am
replacing it is that I discovered play between the bearing and the shaft
right before launch this last spring. It was only in the vertical direction
which made me wonder whether the engine mounts needed replacing.  Since I
was going to pull the rudder to do that, I figured it might be a good time
to change to a stainless steel shaft so I had one made at a machine shop in
Maryland.

Rod