[C320-list] Navstation forward wood panel removal?

Chris Burti cburti at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 23 05:48:37 PST 2006

I also tried to get that panel out last fall but could
not get a phillips screwdriver to bite. Planned to
work on it some more with torxs and square drive bits,
but ended up on hold due to the hurricane damage.

I assumed that they would be phillips and it does not
seem logical that all four are stripped considering
the general good quality of Catalina workmanship. My
VHS is in there so I assume it has been removed at
least once.

There are two screws that screw the ledger into the
hull liner going in aft to forward and two screws that
go from the back of the ledger into the panel port to
starboard. All of which are knuckle busters doe to
their close proximity to adjoining panels.

--- Bill Culbertson <billculb_a2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't recall this ever coming up on the list
> before which surprises me given all the stuff that
> we ask & talk about.  How is the forward-most of the
> wood panels that hold Navstation instruments
> mounted?
>
>   My aft panel is full and I'm putting another
> instrument in.  When we bought the boat, the dealer
> installed the stereo in the top of that forward
> panel.  Since then, everything that I've put in has
> been in the aft panel.  That one comes off simply
> with four corner screws.  If the stereo weren't
> obscuring the view, I'd could better tell how the
> forward panel is held in place.
>
>   It "looks" like it might be held by a corner
> piece.  If so, then the top-most screw of that
> corner piece is completely inaccessible to me now
> b/c it's sandwiched between the stereo and the end
> panel.  I'm really wondering how the got that
> flush-mount stereo in at this point.
>
>   Thanks in advance for any light anyone can share.
>
>    -bill culbertson
>     Harmony #859

> !!- Subscribe Here:
> http://www.catalina320.com/list/join