[C320-list] New Genoa

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Fri Jan 27 14:52:59 PST 2006

Dave,

OK, now you've confused me. My reasoning was that a longer clew would add
sail area. Can you explain that or should I just get more familiar with the
LP measurement and do the trig?

Thanks for the info about your clew height. Your pennant might explain why I
have to skirt the jib and you don't. I'm surprised that you can use an 8"
pennant. I don't think I could raise the sail anywhere near another 8"
without running out of room on the headstay. Without the pennant your clew
would be about 6 inches lower than the lifeline, which matches the 18"
height that the sailmaker suggested.

Jeff