[C320-list] New Genoa

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Fri Jan 27 16:06:31 PST 2006

Dave,

I did the math. Now I understand what you were getting at. The constant LP
(155%) keeps the sail area constant regardless of the clew height. I guess
that's why the sailmaker was pointing out that the trade-off was better
pointing ability with a lower clew vs. better reaching ability (and
visibility under the foot) with a higher clew, and sail area wasn't a factor
in that conversation.

Thanks

Jeff