[C320-list] Autopilot failure, Part 2

Gary Brubaker garybruba at comcast.net
Tue Jul 4 04:37:26 PDT 2006

When turning on the autopilot a couple of weeks ago I received a "STLK
FAIL" message.  I couldn't find this message in the manual, but did some
research at the Raymarine web site and I think the error is due to a
loose connection.  I've located the flux gate compass, but I think the
majority of the connections are made on the rear of the display.  I
started to disassemble the Navpod on the Binnacle, but it looks like I
need an Allen wrench with a hole in the middle (I've never seen one of
these tools).  Here are my questions ...

1.  Has anyone experienced an "STLK FAIL" error in the past?
2.  Was it due to a loose connection?
3.  Am I correct that the connections are made on the back of the display?
4.  Has anyone disassembled the Navpod?  If so, what kind of tool did
you use?

One final note, the Raymarine autopilot is not the original Raytheon
autopilot.  The autopilot was replaced three years ago after a lightning
strike.  The boat was built in 2000, hull number 672.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Sincerely,
Gary Brubaker
Empress II