[C320-list] Autopilot failure, Part 2

Dave Sparks dlsparks at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 05:24:33 PDT 2006

Gary:
    I have experienced a "STLK FAIL" error. The connections are made at the
back of the instruments. I had a series of problems after Hurricane Ivan. I
removed the cover for the wheel pedestal to reduce windage and rain water
got into the instrument pod. I ended up replacing the cards in the knot
meter and Autohelm.
   A special tool is required to disassemple the Navpod. Yes, it is an allen
wrench with a hole in the middle.
The Seatalk connections are made serially at the back.
    It is possible that the problem is not the Autohelm. When I had the
"STLK FAIL" error, the Autohelm would not function. However, if I left the
knot meter out of the series loop, it did work.
   The problem could be a loose connection, but my guess is that one of the
cards in one of your instruments is not functioning.
If you can locate a local marine electronics repair shop that services
Raymarine products, they may be able to sell you the tool needed to access
the Navpod. Also, they may be able to test the cards in your instruments.
    David Sparks
    En Passant - #933

--
David Sparks