[C320-list] FW: Re: ProMariner Problem

Charles Greenwell CGreenwell at sparusa.com
Mon Jul 10 14:21:15 PDT 2006

The new model, xc3012, has 3 independent outputs. Not only can you have 3 different battery types, it provides 20 amps to each leg independently.

I will echo the suggestion to get the larger capacity charger, 40 AMPS. However, the next step up for this type of charger is 50 AMPS, model xc5012.

When we go away and use our generator, the larger capacity charger will charge the batteries much faster.  Which means less time running the generator. This is why I installed a Freedom 20. That 50 AMP charger output is wonderful!

I hope this does not spark a big discussion about the rated capacity of batteries and their capability to accept the higher current charging rate. ;>)

Randy
Le Bijou - #719