[C320-list] FW: Securing outboard engine and gasoline

Karl Mielenhausen _/) kmielen at iwon.com
Sat Jun 24 10:54:54 PDT 2006

Scott,

You can see how my 5hp OB is attached here...

http://www.catalina320.com/gallery/album92/DCP_2967

Bracket used is the West Marine #WMM-1

I recommend a short length of vertical tubing and the Tee fitting, otherwise the bracket will pivot on the horizontal rail.

Although the OB has an internal tank, I tend to use the external tank which I keep in the dingy. In the rare case where I carry spare gasoline on board, I keep it in the anchor locker.

Karl Mielenhausen

2000 C320 Hull#690 "Silver Lining"

New Bern, NC

http://members.cox.net/mielen/