[C320-list] AFI cockpit table

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Mon Jun 19 10:08:11 PDT 2006

Jeff's solution is the best but you need to be a better woodworker than
I to implement it.  I sawed the leg of my table in half and installed a
hinge, plus a latch to hold it straight.  It folds in half out of the
way.  It's still a pain having it under foot.  If you contact the
manufacturer they will offer to sell you an even worse solution, namely
a pair of teak blocks and longer mounting bolts that set the table
further away from the pedestal so that there is enough clearance for the
leg to fold without modification.  But then someone leaning on the edge
of the folded table is likely to bend one of those long bolts, or tear
it out from the wood, or something else expensive.

Scott Thompson