[C320-list] AFI cockpit table

Chris Burti cburti at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 10:59:53 PDT 2006

I can do the work and have the tools. As a
hobby/avocation I make fine colonial reproduction
furniture. I suspect that I still have enough teak on
hand to do the job, but was looking to minimize the
additional wood on board in the cockpit.

I contemplated the hinged leg solution as well, but
suspect that would become wobbly over time. After you
have made a few chairs you learn to admire the
engineering iherent in these wooden wonders. You also
learn to see the need for strength in the supporting
members of everything you design yourself.

Any idea of the offset required For AFI's solution?
I'm pretty sure I could accomplish that without using
longer bolts.

Chris Burti
"Commitment"
Catalina 320, #867,