[C320-list] Non-wood Hatch Boards

Tue Jun 20 21:34:58 PDT 2006

YOU bought the boat?! What the hell, I thought your wife bought it for you so she could get you out of the house...what gives, you been lying to us all of these years?!!  :)

cuba libre 2
--------------------------
Regards,
OD

From: "Adam Weiner" [esquirecatering at rcn.com]
Sent: 06/20/2006 08:42 PM
To: "'John Van Vessem'" <jvanvessem at sbcglobal.net>;"'C320-List'" <C320-List at catalina320.org>
Subject: Re: [C320-list] Non-wood Hatch Boards

If the problem with the hatch boards is that they are teak, why not just
have your sail maker or canvas maker make you a cover out of sunbrella
to match the wheel cover and boom cover?  When I bought my boat 7 years
ago I paid $70.00 for the cover.  I varnished the boards when I bought
to boat, put the cover on, and did not varnish them again until three
months ago.  Seems easier and cheaper, which I know is not always the
way of this list, but it works great and looks great.

Adam