[C320-list] canvas covers

Gene Musante gmusante at msn.com
Tue Mar 7 10:29:31 PST 2006

Hi Jim,

I bought my cover from the Canvas Store, and am in my second season with it.
  Best feature is that it is a one person job to put it on or take it off
once you go thru the learning curve the first time.  They tought the fabric
to be good for 10-12 seasons.  It pays for itself after the second season
vs. the cost of shrink wrap.  Shrink wrap creates mildew problems.  This
does not.

Hardest part is orienting the two pieces correctly and zippering them
together in a light to moderate breeze.  Best done on a calm day.  I stow my
anchor in the locker to get the cover down close at the bow.  There is a
space all the way around the boat which allows the boat to breathe.

It keeps all the leave out of the boat and holds the snow load well.  I use
a boom brace made from a 2X4 with a cross brace on the deck below it to
spread the load.  I use 2 one gallon water jugs to anchor the aft port and
starboard corners.

The cotton twine they give you is only good for one season.  I am thinking
about replacing it with nylon.  Very satisfied so far...

Gene Musante
Tel # 617-755-0680
gmusante at msn.com