[C320-list] Unfurling Genoa--and Adam being a pain in the stern again

Adam Weiner esquirecatering at rcn.com
Sun Mar 12 11:57:30 PST 2006

The trick is to roll the genoa up tightly.  While you are rolling the
geona up keep some tension (this is a great job for a neophyte
crewmember--or you can really impress someone by doing both jobs
yourself) on the sheet so the sail rolls up tightly.  I keep cranking
until I put about 12 turns of the sheet around the sail.  We recently
had 70 knot winds in my marina--no problem.

By the way--since I haven't rubbed it in for awhile, this afternoon will
be my 11th sail of the year.  Yesterday in 3 hrs and 37 minutes went
23.7 miles.  Cold, but windy and we got to play the currents both
directions.

Adam