[C320-list] Unfurling Genoa--and Adam being a pain in the stern again

T. Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Sun Mar 12 13:23:23 PST 2006

I'll add that if you are too far off the wind then the clew rises while
you are rolling, even with some tension on the sheet.  In this case the
top of the sail will not roll up as tightly as the bottom.  I've found
it's best to turn into the wind a bit (but not beyond a close-hauled
angle) when rolling up the sail so that you have a bit of leech tension
as well as foot tension.

Sadly, I've had no sails yet this year.  I haven't had to worry about my
genoa unrolling since it's still in the garage.

Scott Thompson