[C320-list] Chesapeake Bay

Chris Burti cburti at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 07:42:55 PST 2006

There are a lot of choice spots that don't get a lot
of press.

Three that quickly come to mind.

Vera's on St. Leonards Creek, off the Patuxant River.
Quaint eccentric restaraunt. Getting there with a stop
at Solomons is a super trip with gorgeous scenery.

Onancock on the Virginia Eastern shore. Only thing
open at dawn was the bakery...coffee and fresh baked
goods with the friendly locals...unforgettable.

Urbanna off the Rappahannock, several good waterfront
restaraunts great cruising.

The worst thing you can do on the Chessapeake is to
follow your nose...you'll end up spending the rest of
your life visiting fascinting, beautiful places and
meeting interesting, friendly and charming people.

Watch your depth, I can't keep any paint on the keel
there or here in NC.

Best times are before June and after Labor day.

--- Jeff Church <jjemail at comcast.net> wrote:

> To all Chesapeake Bay sailors:
>
> What are your favorite spots to visit in the bay
> area?
>
> In a couple of days my wife and I will be taking our
> first trip to the Chesapeake Bay. We are staying in
> St. Michaels and plan drive each day to whatever
> interesting towns and attractions we can find. Aside
> from just relaxing and soaking up the scenery, we'd
> also like to get a measure of how attractive the
> area would be for our rapidly approaching retirement
> years.
>
> I'd appreciate any suggestions as to which towns,
> restaurants and attractions we should take in. I
> hope to avoid art studios, craft shops and museums
> unless they are really extraordinary or the weather
> is extra rainy. Are there any especially good
> harbors that we should check out? Should we plan to
> spend time in Annapolis, Virginia Beach, Norfolk or
> Newport News?
>
> Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> JeffC
> !!- Archives Here:
> http://www.catalina320.com/list/archives