[C320-list] Transmission/Teleflex cable woes

Arthur Gates argates2nd at earthlink.net
Mon May 29 13:50:03 PDT 2006

Russ,
In 1995 #182, the 4 bolts holding the compass base to the aluminum binacle
were a problem.  They had been locktighted on the bottom threads!
Two came off with a large screw driver plus a large wrench on the square
driver shaft.
The other two required cutting off with a dremel tool once the bolt's
sloted head was stripped.
Edson sent me four 3.5" specially treated replacment bolts for $45 via
overnight del'y which turned out to take 3 days to arrive.  Then it turned
out to take 4" bolts which they didn't have but the local hdwe did in ss,
so I used anti-seeze grease on the threads.  I ret'd the 4 for credit to
Edson, but they would not credit the freight.
I have no input on the cables.
Rollie

helm to the transmission shift lever on the the transmission), while away
and had to do real Magiver job to get the helm to control the transmission,
but now i need a new cable, does anyone know exactly what type and length
cable I need..later I will send the pix of what I came up with to "deal
with thing" temporarily...also, anyone know what it will entail getting the
compass off, any tips, i know it has been discussed,,,