[C320-list] Aqua-lift muffler question

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 09:59:04 PST 2006

I tried to drain my muffler for the winter and got nothing out.  A wire inserted in the petcock made no difference.  I removed the petcock and still no water.  I inserted the wire into the whole quite a ways and could get no water.  Is there something I'm missing?

Should there always be residual water in the muffler?  Shouldn't it drain via the petcock?

For those who have undertaken a muffler repair and seen the insides of the thing, perhaps you can tell me what might be going on here.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay