[C320-list] Digital Mini-Tach

Jeff Church jjemail at comcast.net
Thu Nov 9 17:06:46 PST 2006

Len,

I respect your efforts to assemble a C320 toolbox, and maybe Reed is a higher quality instrument, but you can find tachs that look a lot like that one on eBay, Harbor Freight Tools and several other sites. They all cost about $25 dollars. You can also find those same tachs for $125 dollars or more. Also, my $25 dollar "toy" gave me the same readings that the Yanmar rep's expensive tach gave us. The only difference I could find was that I had to hold it closer to the pulley than he did. I like having the tach in my toolbox, and because I have it handy I can diagnose things like strange engine tach readings when my alternator heated up.

Jeff