[C320-list] Helm Seat

Joseph A Tamucci jtamucci at adelphia.net
Mon Sep 25 10:58:26 PDT 2006

We bought one three years ago and my wife and I love it.  It's especially
nice when you can sit down and see over the cockpit when motoring.just like
a power boater.  We sail in Buzzards bay, Cape Cod, MA in the "washing
machine" with 3' - 6'+  short duration chop and 20+ knot winds and even
healed at 20+ degrees I find the seat better than standing on the stern.  In
those conditions you can sit side sadle and still be comfortable and much
less fatigued after a 4 hr sail.

One word of caution; my wife and I are small people (I'm 5' 7") so it works
for us, but I would not recommend it for anyone 6' or over.  There is only
about a foot and a half or so distance between the wheel and the seat so if
you have long legs you'll be sitting like a frog.  It attaches and can be
removed from the stern rail very easily so you can easily remove it when not
in use and clip it to the lifelines.  This is especially nice at anchor .
Even when installed you can still deploy the stern ladder although you have
to climb over it.

Hope this helps in your decision.

Joe Andante #619