[C320-list] Speaking about insurance

Arthur Freedman saltyvet at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 14 17:56:58 PDT 2007

Since a comment was made about making an insurance  claim.  I would
like to relate my very positive experience with
Chubb Insurance.  In late October this past fall there was a
hurricane intensity no-name storn.  The bare anchor roller cut the
dual pennants
at the mooring, and as a result my C310, Ivy Girl, ended up on the
beach.    I did manage to keep the the boat off the seawall by
putting out
a 33 LB claw anchor at low tide just after the beaching.    I spoke
with the local Boat U.S. tow affiliate then called Chubb.
They worked out the finances to have Ivy Girl taken off the beach by
the local Boat U.S. tow affiliate as well as contacting my local yard.
Chubb assigned  a surveyor, and worked with the yard to asses the
damage.  Chubb did not question the estimate of  $38,000, and sent a
down payment to the yard so repairs would started immediately.  The
assigned surveyor kept close watch on the repairs, as did I.
Ivy Girl was repaired over the winter, and Chubb sent the final
payment last week after the okay by the surveyor.
I paid the annual boat insurance policy in November when it was due.
I have had prior Claims with Chubb
  regarding personal property,  and they were very quick to cover my
losses.  I do pay more for boat and home insurance coverage with
Chubb, but the extra premium is well worth it after hearing bad
experience with claims with lower cost policies.

Art Freedman
Ivy Girl, "C310"

Hawthorne Animal Health Care
saltyvet at mindspring.com