[C320-list] On Board Storage

Bruce Stumpp bstumpp at comcast.net
Sun Apr 15 08:03:26 PDT 2007

Gary,

We've done a few things to increase storage possibilities.  Built a shelf in
the large cockpit locker so we can get easier access to some things and
store lesser used things below.  Epoxied stainless hooks in the two small
stern cockpit lockers to hang lines and use plastic laundry baskets to more
easily store and access miscellaneous smaller stuff in the bottom of these
lockers.  Turned the two doors in the bottom of the v-berth around so they
would swing open and be accessible from the back instead of the front.  Hung
a couple of small storage hammocks on either side of the v-berth.  Hung a
cloth shoe storage unit on each side of the v-berth.  Use a white expandable
shower curtain rod in the head for hanging wet clothing.  Purchased smaller
plastic boxes and drilled holes in them, so we can stack them and get more
things into the refrig and still keeps air flowing.  Store two or three
gallon jugs of drinking water on top of the engine cover under the
companionway ladder.  Buy small Rubbermaid shelves so you can stack stuff in
the cabinets. Made a cutting board that fits on the stovetop and gives more
counter space.

Another project the admiral is requesting is to convert the two drawer
fronts that are under the v-berth into a single door and eliminate the
drawers.  That would open up the whole space under the v-berth for storage.
Then we will build a shelf across the full underside of the v-berth for even
more storage.

I hope these ideas help.  We would be interested in hearing ideas from
others on the list.

Bruce Stumpp
Adventure, #647
Frog Mortar Creek, Maryland