[C320-list] Fuel filter bleeding

Jeffrey Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Fri Aug 31 12:13:17 PDT 2007

I think it should be drained of excess sediment/H2O whenever it has sediment
in it. No need to remove it, just empty out what will easily drain out.
Sometimes with water or bio-gunk in the fuel you could have to drain that
out several times in a month, depending on how much you use your engine.

I would change my filters on some kind of schedule that would be based on
how clean my fuel is.  If you never have to drain water/gunk out of the
bowl, you might just change filters annually or every other year. 150-200
hrs isn't a bad guideline, but depends on your boat and conditions.

It's way more important to change the engine oil and filter frequently
because of the nasty acids that build up in a diesel engine's oil.  It
really can't be changed too often.

-Jeff