[C320-list] Four questions

Steve Magennis magenns at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 20 11:12:30 PST 2007

The four bolts that you found are mostly for decoration (they keep the
braces  attached to the boat).  The major structural bolt is about 1/2"
diameter ( or larger), and extends straight down from the end of the
vertical stanchion (not the "h" part).  There is a washer, a lock
washer, and a honking big nut buried outboard of the deck liner and
close to the hull.  It is outboard of the two aft 5/16" bolts that you
found, and should be straight aft and in line with the two forward
bolts.

Playing around with stanchions is a lot of fun!  Just take the wood
modesty skirt off and cut the deck liner away.  When you re-install the
modesty skirt, your surgery will be well hidden

Steve
Alchemist #909