[C320-list] Jib Furler Sticking

K L sfca33 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 12 09:27:59 PST 2007

Jeff:

Thanks to you and all the other members for the advice. As I look over your
list of possible sources for the problem, I think that #3 seems most likely.
I did see one place where a screw might be missing but I couldn't be sure.
Could you tell me where the "set screw" is located?

Ken

>From: "Jeffrey Hare" <catalina at thehares.com>
>To: "'C320-List'" <c320-list at catalina320.com>
>Subject: Re: [C320-list] Jib Furler Sticking
>Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 08:40:37 -0500
>
>Few things I can think of:
>
>1) Sail hoisted too high
>2) Sail too much tension on the halyard
>3) The set screw holding the foil loosened and the tube has dropped or
>lifted
>4) Broken strand in the forestay?
>5) Using the wrong halyard to hoist the sail or it's not rigged through the
>eye installed a foot or so down from the top of the mast.
>
>I would ease the halyard first and see if that frees it up.  Next I'd drop
>the sail so that you can get a better feeling of where the problem is.
>You'll also be able to see if there is a problem with the bearings at the
>car that attaches to the head of the sail.
>
>With the sail off, it's a good time to hoist the drum up and
>check/clean/sailkote the bearings.  Let us know what you find.
>
>-Jeff

Your Hotmail address already works to sign into Windows Live Messenger! Get
it now