[C320-list] Wisdom (and experience) requested...

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 15:20:09 PDT 2007

I'm no expert on radar; but, I understand that for a fixed-mount radar lower is better than higher as the resolution of the signal depends on being level or close to level with the horizon.  I can't tell you the effect of a stern mount vs. a mast mount.  There is a gimbled mount for marine radars that is designed to keep your dome level at any degree of heel.  I don't know how a given sea state may affect the resolution; but, seems it must to some degree.  Sorry, I can't remember where I got this information.

Warren & Pattie Updike
C320, #62, 1994, "Warr De Mar"
Frog Mortar Creek, Middle River
Chesapeake Bay