[C320-list] Engine noise

Kirk McCullough kirk.mccullough at telus.net
Thu Jul 19 21:34:02 PDT 2007

Hi Warren

The ZF 10 is really the right gearbox for the Perkins or any other 30hp
engine. The rebuild on my Hurth 50 was to include a new clutch pack, seals,
gaskets etc plus any unknowns would be on top. I had heard that the shop i
went to would be expensive but didn't have much choice.

The new ZF 6 was, $1250.00 installed. Then the ZF 10 was installed for the
same price. The hours start over at zero on a new gear box. ZF even
reimbursed my mechanic's time he spent installing and removing the ZF 6.
This company understands the meaning of customer satisfaction. I went from
thinking their product was crap (ie failed ZF 6) to recommending them to
everyone on the dock. There are lots of older C30's on my dock with the
Hurth 50.

I have a SS shaft, PSS dripless seal and Kiwi prop .

Kirk

Boomerang #124