[C320-list] Shore Power Charger

Charles Greenwell CGreenwell at sparusa.com
Tue Jul 24 12:00:38 PDT 2007

For those who have installed 40 amp chargers… Did you change the in-line fuses at the batteries on the charging lines?  They are 30 amp slow blow fuses.  I have a Freedom Marine 20 charger/inverter which will kick out 60 amps to each battery, if you allow it to.  I had to limit its output to keep from blowing these fuses.  Even at 30 amps the fuse holders will get warm!

So, are the 40 amp chargers really 40 amps on each battery?

Randy
Le Bijou (719)

Checked by AVG Free Edition.