[C320-list] Raymarine RL70CRC and C-Map NT+ Chip Failure

Dave Sparks dlsparks at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 07:55:49 PDT 2007

Brian:

   You wrote:
That I cannot go below 150 NM when not in plotter mode suggest the
detail on the available charts is 150 NM. If that is the case and
everything is working correctly I have been scammed by C-MAP, as that
level does not show the river I sail on. Everything I have read in the
manual suggests that the plotter is not recognizing that there is a
local chip installed.

   You could check out the possibility that the C-MAP card is at fault by
taking it to a local West Marine or other marine electronics store and see
if other units display detail below 150 NM level. If so, the problem is not
with the card.

    David Sparks

--
David Sparks