[C320-list] Vibration Noise and Dealer

brucestanley brucestanley at optusnet.com.au
Wed Mar 14 04:36:04 PDT 2007

Vibration noise!

Can you advise on my 2 problems?

a)      I have a "rat-tat-tat" "rat-tat-tat" "rat-tat-tat" "rat-tat-tat" vibration-noise. This is evident in the cockpit when the Yanmar is powering at 2100 rpm and more.

b)      The Kiwi Feathering Prop and Hull are clean (anti-fouled 3 weeks ago).

c)      The Engine was re-aligned (dockside) 2 months ago (but not checked under power).

Question 1

            What do you suspect is causing this vibration noise?

The Dealer is VERY slow at communicating and answering my emails.

Question 2

            To whom in the USA do you take genuine Dealer complaints to?

            Can you recommend a Catalina persons and phone numbers or email addresses?

This is C320 Hull #1084.

Bought in Sydney Australia.

Thanking you

Bruce Stanley