[C320-list] Boat Yard Blues

Allan Field Allan.Field at comcast.net
Tue Mar 13 18:52:35 PDT 2007

The manager of our Yard finally left this past fall.   Based on this e-mail,
I now think I know where he is.  In 17 years of dealing with this guy, his
folks NEVER made a mistake.  If you don't believe that, just ask him. Most
boat yards only have bad customers, not bad employees.  There is a pervasive
attitude of, "You have it, I don't, so you must have stolen it from me."
That attitude seems to justify all kinds of outrageous behavior...

I suspect someone came to your boat, started the engine to get the oil hot
before removing it, forgot about it, and came back the next day.  I run
about 3,000 RPM's when motoring and burn 0.5 gallons per hour.  I think that
0.2-0.3 gallons per hour, around what you describe, is not unreasonable if
at idle.

Allan S. Field
Sea Shadow - #808
Columbia, MD