[C320-list] Winter Cover

Quentin Murphy qmurphy at sympatico.ca
Fri Mar 30 05:39:35 PDT 2007

Brian,

I have my boat at Toronto and had Genco Marine(Natty) make a winter cover
last year.  It is mostly frameless.  They provided a horseshoe shaped pipe
(aluminium) over the aft entrance attached to the pushpit with a centre
connector pipe to the boom.  I have another pipe going forward from the mast
(at boom height) to the pulpit with two vertical supports to the cabin top.
The cover fits around the stanchion bases (little zippers).  As I store the
boat mast up there are an endless number of zippers and the cover comes in
two halves (forward and aft of the mast). All the zippers are overlapped and
work flawlessly.  I take the lifelines off so they are not subjected to
winter sun, etc. which takes about 15 minutes and they coil up easily for
storage.  Of course, it comes with many vents and a zippered aft doorway.
Taking the ladder and wheel off for the winter really makes access easier.
They also made a binimi and connector panel and both fit perfectly without
sags and matched the existing dodger colour perfectly. I was very pleased
with Genco.

Quentin
Celtic Knot #667