[C320-list] Shaft Alignment

jonvez at comcast.net jonvez at comcast.net
Fri May 4 05:22:49 PDT 2007

Bob,

No worries--If the engine is properly aligned and the prop in good shape, a cutless bearing can last for years. If you don't have much vibration and you check for play in the bearing whenever you haul, you should be fine.
My current cutless bearing has lasted for 4 seasons. When I put the new one in, I aligned the engine and haven't touched it since--Engine alignment is the single most important aspect though and it is worth learning how to do or writing a check for someone else to do. Just remember that it is a time intensive project, so the hours can get up there when paying....

Regards,

Jon Vez

From: Robert Seastream <robert.seastream at comcast.net>