[C320-list] 1996 vs. 2000

Adam Weiner esquirecatering at rcn.com
Sun May 20 12:39:30 PDT 2007

By the way, I had to replace my bilge pump.  I bought one four times the
capacity of the one that came with the boat for under $200 at the most
expensive place in town, West Marine.  That gives you $19,800 to play
with for sails, electronics, etc.

You mentioned that you were a first time boat buyer, at the risk of
alienating you and every else on the list, are you up to a 32 foot boat
as your first boat?  I started with a Santana 22 which I bought with the
intention of owning it for four to seven years and then stepping up.
Around 20 years later I bought the 320 with no regrets about either boat
(except having to hear about Orlando's yellow thong).  Do you have a lot
of sailing experience?  You need to be honest and open with yourself.
We are just a bunch of old guys who play on e-mail lists, but you are
the one who will be sailing and performing maintenance.

Adam