[C320-list] Halyard length & type for new spinnaker line

Calvin Liebel ccliebel at telus.net
Wed Nov 14 14:55:26 PST 2007

We just had our first winter storm this past weekend.  90 kts gust with a lot of rocking and rolling.  I had left the spinnaker halyard attached to the base of the mast and with the wind the line rubbed on the top spreader and it parted at that point.  I need to replace this line and was  wondering; what length & type is best suited for the 320. The boat came with about 25 feet of extra line, so was wondering if I needed that much extra.  I have not pulled the line down, want to use it to install the new line.
Cal Liebel  Prairie Dream # 1056