[C320-list] Improving Cabin Ventilation

hcreech at comcast.net hcreech at comcast.net
Mon Nov 5 23:08:42 PST 2007

John,
I had one installed in the main saloon hatch when my boat was originally commissioned eight years ago.  I do believe it helps with ventilation and have never seen any signs of leakinig.  I am not all that careful when I wash the deck and squirt it with a hose, not a drop gets through.  When it was about four years old the battery stopped working and the replacement did not work, I called Nicro, they sent me a new complete unit no charge.  My feeling is that the boats are not air tight, so even one unit would be an aid.

Sincerely,
Herb Creech
Cloud Chaser #606

From: John Ellis <jr_ellis100 at hotmail.com>

> Has anyone had good or bad experiences with Nicro Day/Night Plus solar-powered
> vents to improve cabin ventilation? They seem like a good way to maintain some
> airflow through the cabin when I’m not on the boat.
>
> I’m thinking about installing one in the hatch above the V-berth and another in
> the main cabin hatch. I’m concerned about cutting holes in these hatches and
> having a less than watertight seal, but I really don’t want to cut holes through
> the deck for them.
>
> John
> Allegro #271
> Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by
> today.
> http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff2.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_OctWLtagl
ine