[C320-list] Radar

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Fri Nov 30 04:58:19 PST 2007

Martin,

If you have pics of your installation I would be interested in seeing
them--perhaps there is a way to eliminate any play via proper spacers at the
stern rail. I have absolutely no play and there hasn't been any undue stress
on my stanchions. Interestingly the weld gave on my stanchion base on the
opposite side where there is nothing attached.
Also, for those concerned about performance, I have sailed extensively in
Maine waters over the past few seasons (a great testing ground for radar)
and have found absolutely no problems in picking up all objects around us.
Like Martin, we have also tested it every year at the beginning of the
season in clear air to ensure we are capturing all objects around us...

Regards,

Jon Vez
Solstice #582