[C320-list] Insurance

Charles Greenwell CGreenwell at sparusa.com
Wed Apr 16 06:32:59 PDT 2008

I use St Farm.  I am on the Chesapeake Bay.  My coverage is not limited to the Bay.  It includes Offshore coverage on the East Coast out to some predefined distance (I haven’t looked at it recently to see how far out it covers but it used to be 25 miles).  It also includes routes to the Bahamas and Bermuda.  The policy does allow club racing and it covers other items like my dinghy.  The policy is not limited to the sailing season but is in force year round.

I have $1000 deductable and replacement cost for the boat ($100k).  Additionally a small amount for Medical and towing.

Here is a link to their coverage:

  HYPERLINK "http://www.statefarm.com/insurance/boat/boat.asp" http://www.statefarm.com/insurance/boat/boat.asp

Keep in mind, you must see an agent and every area is different.

My cost is $392 per year.  In the 7 years I have had the insurance, it has only gone up $20.

To date, I have not made any claims so I cannot tell you how that will go.  However, I have my Homeowners and Cars with St Farm and their claims service has been exceptional.

Hope this helps.

Randy
Le Bjou

Checked by AVG.