[C320-list] Insurance

David Nolte dcnolte at mac.com
Wed Apr 16 09:31:23 PDT 2008

Thanks Orlando, great info.  That reinforces advice I had received
previously about using a marine underwriter. This discussion is very
timely for me, I got the dreaded letter from my insurance company
yesterday that I need to do a haul-out survey before they renew next
year (and fix most of the items the survey identifies!)

My policy is a Helmsman Yacht policy written by Markel American
Insurance Company, represented locally (Annapolis) by International
Marine Insurance Services.

I currently pay $630 per year, of which $471 is for the boat.

My "Replacement Cost" is capped by my 'limit of insurance', which for
me is currently $65,000. I've got an old boat.

Looks like I need to do some thinking and some shopping.

David Nolte
Beach House #4