[C320-list] Insurance

Wed Apr 16 09:38:10 PDT 2008

David,

Interestingly enough, my insurance I bought from Mariner's was also
underwritten by Markel

Although my boat will be 2 years old this August, they still insured it
for my original purchase price (I had my dealer install everything I
wanted and he rolled it into one bill), so I didn't lose any depreciated
value from Aug 2006 to when they insured it January 24, 2008.

Like I said though, read the fine print and shop around--with MARINE
underwriters

cuba libre 3

             David Nolte
             <dcnolte at mac.com
             Sent by:                 C320-List at Catalina320.com
             c320-list-bounce                                          cc
             s at lists.catalina
             320.com                                              Subject
                                      Re: [C320-list] Insurance

             04/16/2008 09:31
             AM

              Please respond
             C320-List at Catali
                na320.com

Thanks Orlando, great info.  That reinforces advice I had received
previously about using a marine underwriter. This discussion is very
timely for me, I got the dreaded letter from my insurance company
yesterday that I need to do a haul-out survey before they renew next
year (and fix most of the items the survey identifies!)

My policy is a Helmsman Yacht policy written by Markel American
Insurance Company, represented locally (Annapolis) by International
Marine Insurance Services.

I currently pay $630 per year, of which $471 is for the boat.

My "Replacement Cost" is capped by my 'limit of insurance', which for
me is currently $65,000. I've got an old boat.

Looks like I need to do some thinking and some shopping.

David Nolte
Beach House #4