[C320-list] Stainless cylinders covering bronze shroud turnbuckles

warren updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 26 17:51:07 PDT 2008

Sorry Joe, I don't know the cutoff. I bet someone on this list has a pretty
good idea. Lacking that, call Catalina. See if you can get a message to
Gerry Douglas. I'm sure he will know.

Of course, you will know as soon as you remove a chain plate and clean out
the old sealant. It is quite obvious that there are three layers to the deck
with a middle layer of different material that is actually end-grain balsa
wood. The newer hull will not show this layering as they have a solid resin
layup in these areas, or so I'm told.

Warren & Pattie Updike
Catalina 320, #62, "Warr De Mar"
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay