[C320-list] Bimini Top

Robert E. Sloat resloat at comcast.net
Wed Aug 27 17:44:38 PDT 2008

Don-I have an OEM dodger and bimini on my 2002 C320.  Here in southern Lake
Michigan I use the bimini a few times a season.  I had a window installed
above the helm on the bimini so you could easily see the main and make
changes when necessary.  One neat thing is the dodger and bimini can be
connected with a separate cover which we use sometime in port when it rains
to keep the cockpit somewhat dry for guests at cocktail hour.

You need to make sure there is some protection on the split backstay to
prevent it from chafing the binimi when it is stored and wrapped up on the
bimini frame.  On my boat the front and back bars for the bimini both touch
the backstays when the bimini is folded up allowing the stored bimini to rub
on the backstays. Some padding around the backstays where they touch the
folded bimini eliminated the problem.

Bob Sloat
Savannah #894