[C320-list] Testing c320-list restart

Bruce Walters brucewalt at msn.com
Sat Feb 9 18:03:22 PST 2008

Hello All.....

I'm not sure who wrote this email but I certainly want to thank you for publicly reminding me that I haven't paid my dues.

We live aboard S/V Reality as we cruise full time and apparently my mail forwarding service "filtered" a bill from the association as junk mail.   For those of you who have dreams of full time cruising get a better forwarding service than we have or, you too, might be publicly embarrassed!

Actually this is a common problem for full time cruisers (handling mail).   We have all our bills paid online or automatically paid.  So the only mail we need worry about is correspondence from none computer users.  But if 'ol Aunt Jesse sends us a xmas card we better respond!

For those of you who are interested in a general description of the commissioning we did to prepare for our cruise see www.realitysails.blogspot.com .  This is very general info but if anyone is interested in detailed info, let me know.  If some members feel it would be helpful I'll be glad to write an article for the C 320 mag or the website.  Or, I guess, I can the door.

Oh, as far as the tardy membership I'll check the website for the address to send $ to.   BTW I think the website looks great, and since it was mentioned, I see I can change my email to have the messages put in one email rather than fo many individual (can't remember what that is called).  Actually, I can't remember my password either.  Sure is easy to forget stuff when my biggest decision is "to reef or not".

Fair winds,

Bruce
S/V Reality #232> From: esquirecatering at rcn.com> To: C320-List at Catalina320.com> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 10:43:11 -0800> Subject: Re: [C320-list] Testing c320-list restart> > Jeff, once more, I thank you for all of the work that you do.> > Adam> > -----Original Message-----> From: c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com> [mailto:c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Hare> Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 10:22 AM> To: C320-List at Catalina320.com> Subject: Re: [C320-list] Testing c320-list restart> > Bruce Walters: Feel free to pay your dues and re-Join the Catalina 320> International Association at any time. :)> > > Ladies & gentlemen.> ===================> > If you are unhappy with the content of this un-moderated list, I assume> that because you signed up on your own, you can *quietly* find the door on> your own. Or better yet! Contribute something interesting for us to> discuss! :)> > I've apologized about all I can (and more than I should have to, really)> for the old list server going down recently. It was simply beyond my> control. Some other associations like the C30 still had their websites> hosted with them when they took our money and skipped town. Our website and> everything except the C320-list was moved out of there over a month ago.> > I've individually answered the 53 emails I've gotten asking when it's> going back online, so I assumed that you were all suffering from C320-List> withdrawal and tried to get it restarted quickly. Re-adding people to the> new list server who were previously signed up on the old list was the best I> could do. Nobody was added who wasn't already on the list but unfortunately> I couldn't reset everyone's personal preferences since I just don't have> that kind of time.> > For the 22 of you (out of 251 on the list) who had subscribed to the> digest version and were re-added as non-digest members, I'm terribly sorry> about that, but it won't take you but a few minutes to check off your> preference for Digest delivery. The website has new information for you to> help with these settings. I'm still working to iron out a few kinks there.> (If you're having trouble as some have, just let me know **off-list** at> catalina at thehares.com and I'll solve that for you).> > Karl, Pat, Warren, Bruce, Allan, Rod and MANY other people are working> really hard to prepare new services and conveniences for this organization's> members that we hope you'll all like. Look for some nifty new stuff coming> soon!> > Cheers!> -Jeff> > PS: Check out the improved list archive searching feature that's online now.> Not perfect, but much better than the old one.> http://lists.catalina320.com/pipermail/c320-list-catalina320.com/> > > -----Original Message-----> From: c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com> [mailto:c320-list-bounces at lists.catalina320.com] On Behalf Of Bruce Walters> Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 9:47 PM> To: c320-list at catalina320.com> Subject: Re: [C320-list] Testing c320-list restart> > > I agree. I'm on board and this is turning into spam> > Bruce> S/V Reality> # 232" Fair Winds "