[C320-list] Aqua Lift Muffler

Scott Thompson sthompson at toad.net
Tue Jan 1 11:09:08 PST 2008

In fairness to the mechanics of the world, my understanding of the
advice is that it's cheaper to pay them to replace the hose than it is
to pay them for the extra time needed to deal with and save and re-use
the old hose.  The argument has little to do with whether the hose needs
to be replaced, and everything to do with relative costs of new hose and
labor.  If your own labor is free then the calculation will be
different.  Keep in mind that this advice was for exhaust hose only,
which tends to be difficult to handle after moderate use.  After once
spending the better part of a weekend trying unsuccessfully to get the
exhaust hose off the Yanmar in my last boat, I'm sympathetic to the
argument.

Happy New Year to all.