[C320-list] removing steering wheel

Gates argates2nd at comcast.net
Wed Jul 23 16:32:57 PDT 2008

Holly,
No problem removing the wheel.  Just unscrew the center bolt and unplug the
wheel pilot motor.  Be careful not to lose the shim and the gasket behind
the bolt.  When you replace the wheel, you will need to spin the wheel pilot
belt housing to line up the horizontal post arm with the hole in the belt
housing.
The wheel brake is the 3" or so black wheel on the starboard side of the
binacle -- many of us lock the wheel amidships when at anchor, dock, or
mooring.  Welcome to the group.  Rollie  #182