[C320-list] Autohelm Crazy Ivan

Monte B. mjbc60 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 29 14:09:38 PDT 2008

Gary,

C-320's are notorious for Crazy Ivans if the optional Raymarine rudder
reference unit is not installed with the autopilot. You can tell if you have
one or if the control head is seeing it by noting the rudder angle displayed
at the bottom of the control head. Turn the wheel left or right and note the
rudder angle display on the control head. If you have it something else
electronic may hit it occasionally I guess but my Crazy Ivans went away with
the RRU install.

Monte
Laima #620